Thursday 30 January 2014

KILLING TIME

Another blog post to accompany another single.

Killing Time is a song about not getting to do the things that make us feel human. I was uncertain about the first line to start with and considered changing it.

"the tragedy of our lives is that we don't get to spend enough time doing those things that remind us all that we're human"

I thought it was maybe a bit too melodramatic and blunt. But the more I thought about it, the more apparent it was that it summed up exactly what I meant to say. I often have that moment of doubt when writing songs, when a line stands out as being a bit obvious, not "cool" or poetic enough. Thankfully this passes quickly, when I realise that I don't really give a fuck. There are too many songs out there that mean nothing at all, but are just a collection of well known phrases and made up ideas and scenarios, songs about "that girl" or some made up heart-ache, the radio is a constant hum of nothingness.

Killing Time is about all the time spent considering actions, and not actually committing to them. It's about the things we want to do, the things we've promised to do, but find ourselves distracted from. It is a sort of apology I suppose. It doesn't go much further than that.

Killing Time is released on February 3rd, and will be out on most of the big online music stores, iTunes, Amazon and the likes.


KILLING TIME

The tragedy of our lives, is that we don't get to spend enough time,
doing those things that remind us all that we're human.
I'm staying out late at night, and getting up early just to make things right,
I didn't lie when I said that this would be forever.

I don't call, but neither do you,
we're killing time, but what else are we going to do

Another life, that I forgot,
I split my head so I can spill my thoughts,
I twitch in my dreams from the memory of something better.
I'm giving up all I've got,
your kisses fail when you smile so hard,
I want to be the one to make you whole to make you happy.

I don't call, but neither do you,
we're killing time, but what else are we going to do.


X X X

No comments:

Post a Comment