Monday 21 October 2013

American Dreams.....

We shall be releasing the first proper single from our new album on Monday November 18th. It is a track called American Dreams, and features the song Bell Street as its B-side.

American Dreams is a song about all the throw-away, Americanized phrases and semi-emotions we use all the time to get us through each day, the things we say to make ourselves seem more interested in - and interesting to - those around us.

We are expected to always be on the point of some deep emotional conflict, always involved in some drama or melt-down. But generally we are not. It is more and more difficult to feel anything in the wipe clean, sterile society we now find ourselves, so perhaps exaggerating our emotions is the only way we can make ourselves seem human.  I'm not sure really, I could go on and on but my eyes are heavy and I only really sat down here to put they lyrics down in written form, so here goes......

AMERICAN DREAMS

Tell me do you mean a single thing you say,
or are you just leaking words?
Giving it a name 'cos everybody says,
"its the time for growing up"

I love you! I don't care! I'm excited! I despair!
Say, is this the dream America?
We can share our fears! You've got issues? Are those tears?
Say, is this the dream America?

Tell me things to make me feel better,
tell me I'm alright,
I love you, you make me feel better,
and get me through the night.

Watching from the front as a generation falls,
we're just looking up from bended knees.
I would rather die as a failure but a trier,
than be just another casualty.

I love you! I don't care! I'm excited! I despair!
Say, is this the dream America?
We can share our fears! You've got issues? Are those tears?
Say, is this the dream America?

Tell me things to make me feel better,
tell me I'm alright,
I love you, you make me feel better,
and get me through the night.


Bell Street is a song about thinking you may be losing your mind, but more about that later.

Big love,

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment